During last week we visited Unnati on Sunday, 18th February. We went to Unnati around We gathered all children from jhuggi and started our regular classes. This time, environment of class was different than our routine classes at Mobile Crèches and Unntati. Children were assembled on green grass under blue sky in a perfect natural world. We divided children into two groups. Gyanesh, Anurag and Aakash were busy in teaching one group and on other hand Manoj, Vineet, Rachit and Jivtesh were managing the second group. Meanwhile Sumit, Manish and Ashutosh also joined us and helped in handling the kidsJ!!!Nishank and Anil bought slates for the children. Mahesh and Arun were ensuring that every newly admitted child should get slate and chalk. In between for some time a flock of sheep also joined our classesJ!!!! We carried out our classes till At the end we distributed books to some bright children. We also went inside the basti for some time as few of the volunteers had joined us for the first time and they wanted to see the condition there.
Before departing, we had a discussion on following points:
* Hiring a full time teacher for Unnati if children continue to show interest towards studies
* Addressing health related issues of the community i.e. creating health and hygiene awareness in the community by arranging Heath talk with the help of Dr Vineet, distribution of medicines etc.
* Meal a Month program of AID.
* Arranging AID Gurgaon monthly update meeting for all Volunteers and Donors
* Sending monthly update of AID Gurgaon activities to all Donors with a ‘Thank You’ note
* Finding alternatives for distribution of collected clothes.
* Reaching out to more volunteers in Gurgaon, especially for creating buffer for smooth functioning of the projects.
* Collecting funds in a more systematic way for the future spendingWe have collected funds of 2.5 k on Sunday (Thanks to all Donor-cum-Volunteers). Now we are growing rapidly, first time in history AID Gurgaon witnessed so many volunteers together (total 15 volunteers) (Thanks to all)